IEEE Region 10 (Asia-Pacific) Director-Elect 2019-2020
IEEE Region 10 (Asia-Pacific) Director 2021-2022
Deepak Mathur is Director of IEEE Region 10 (Asia-Pacific Region). IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
He has also served in many leadership roles in IEEE at Section, Council, Region and MGA (Member Geographic Activities). Deepak was IEEE India Council Chair in 2015-16.
Deepak, former Chief General Manager of ONGC (India’s premier public sector company engaged in exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons), has more than 35-years of professional experience in fields of electronics, telecommunication, IT infrastructure and has held various engineering and managerial positions. He has successfully done planning and executions of several IT projects like SCADA, on-line/real-time monitoring systems, IT Infrastructure creation, Wi-Max based broadband wireless access system, GPS/GSM based vehicle tracking system etc. and has led teams of IT professionals and multi-disciplinary teams. He has also experience of managing and working on Hi-Tech (Oil) Well Logging Systems which is to analyze the properties of subsurface to explore the possibility of hydrocarbons.
Deepak has bachelor of engineering degree in Electronics and Communications from IIT, Roorkee and an MBA. He has also completed Advance Management Program from IIM, Calcutta.
Deepak is recipient of prestigious IEEE Region 10 Outstanding Volunteer Award and IEEE MGA Achievement Award.
Deepak is also member of IEEE-HKN or Eta Kappa Nu (ΗΚΝ), which is the international honor society of the IEEE. "The organization promotes excellence in the profession and in education through an emphasis on scholarship, character, and attitude." Membership is a lifelong designation for individuals who have distinguished themselves as students or as professionals in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, and other fields of IEEE interest.
- COMMITTEES/BOARDS: Member, IEEE MGA Strategic Direction & Environment Assessment Committee (2014-2015); Member, IEEE MGA Nominations & Appointments Committee (2016-2017); Chair, IEEE SIGHT Operations Subcommittee (2014-2016).
- REGION 10: Sections Congress Coordinator (2008); EXCOM Member (2009-2014, 2017-2018); Chapters Coordinator (2009-2010); Sections Congress Coordinator (2011); Vice-Chair, Technical Activities (Acting); Humanitarian Technology Activities Coordinator (2012, 2013-2014); Vice-Chair, Membership Activities (2017-2018); Director-Elect 2019-2020.
- GUJARAT SECTION: EXCOM Member (1998-2002); Secretary (2003-2004); Vice-Chair and Treasurer (2005); Chair (2006-2007); SMC Chapter Chair (2008-2009); Advisory Committee (2015-2019).
- INDIA COUNCIL: EXCOM Member (2006-2012); Chair-Elect (2013-2014); Chair (2015-2016); Nomination Committee Chair (2017-2018).
- SSIT (Society on Social Implications of Technology): Board of Governors (2013-2015); Newsletter Editor (2011-2016).
- CONFERENCES: (Organized major conferences): Region10 HTC 2013; Region10 HTC 2014; INDICON 2013; INDICON 2014; INDICON 2015; INDICON 2016.
- OTHER: Initiative leader IEEE NIC Project – Conference Presentations Online - completed in 2008.
Region10 is unique as it is culturally very diverse and spread over large areas. Region10 is growing and still has potential for further growth. Its volunteers and organizational units are very vibrant and contributing immensely in the growth of IEEE.
As Region10 Director, my priorities shall be to:
I am open to all suggestions for the growth of IEEE, please feel free to share your ideas and concern.
Looking forward to your continued support.